Thursday, September 22, 2011
Hell Week
This entry's title is self explanatory, and as this week ends I breathe a sigh of relief as I think I have survived one of the many horrible week days that have passed me by since I ever really learned to hate 'bad karma'. This month marked my younger brother's wedding, and all his months of preparation weren't enough to shield him, and us, from the overwhelming stress and pressure of the day-before-the-actual-wedding. Nobody really talked about it while we were preparing, but everyone was aware of the stressful situation which was so thick you can cut it with a knife. But everyone's prayers were answered because the event went without a hitch, and we all went home with smiles and tears of joy. But the festivities weren't over really, because here in the Philippines the festivities don't end with the culmination of a certain event. It usually ends when the money is obviously drained, and as the wedding after-party begun i felt that the last reserves of energy within me were all but extinguished( did i mention I was working on a freelance job while we were preparing? no i didn't). All the days spent helping my bro with his plans as well as working my ass off to reach my work's deadline have taken there toll, and as I drank the first glass of beer that night in honor of the occassion, I felt sick. So I excused myself and went to bed early, and when morning came I found myself unable to get up because I was now very sick. But I had to force myself to go to work because of a strict project deadline, and after working for several hours at the office I headed straight home and into bed. the whole weekend found me lying in bed like a plaque victim, with a high fever and my head feeling like I fought Manny Pacquiao for 12 rounds. I had to sit out all of the post wedding gatherings and resigned myself to the fact that I really, really needed to rest. Then came monday, and by God's mercy I thought I was well enough to work, so off to work I went. Unfortunately my 73 year old mom caught whatever virus that I suffered from and bam! One minute she was her old energetic self, the next she was sick as a zombie straight from the movie screen. We all had to spare some time to take care of her, and I had to do my part even though I also had a critical deadline for submission at work. To make this long story short, It was a really f%&ked up week, and thankfully it won't happen again soon because another round of bad juju would see me lose my job...or even lose my head. God forbid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment