Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Crossroads

Every now and then we come across a life-changing moment in our lives when we are put in front of a raging tidal wave of factors that threaten to tear our very souls apart - unless we succumb to the trial of making trivial decisions that will either save us or condemn us to a prison without walls, but either way will change our lives forever. I personally have encountered countless times when I had to choose between two or more things just to keep my life on track; most of the time I chose rightly. We all have different ways of seeing such events; I like to look at mine as standing in front of the 'cross roads', where all souls must return from time to time to change their lives, for good or bad. In the past I have always looked upon this magical and unseen event with awe, like I was literally standing at the crossroads of life, the skies sunless and eerily gray, and the land barren except for the two long stretches of road that meet each other in the middle of nowhere. It is ever-present in my mind wherever I go, and I know that it is what led me to where I am right now. But lately I feel that the crossroads have been working against me , because these past several years have been filled with ill-fated choices that have led me from one dead-end road to the other. Right now I am lost, and I feel that I am nearing that mystical forked road again. Will I be choosing right this time? I can only hope so, because all my wrong choices are slowly melting my life away, and another wrong road will surely lead to darkness once again. Sometimes I wish God will finally pass by on his holy white limo, because I'm sure tired of walking.

2 comments: