Friday, November 19, 2010

It's Been Awhile...

I guess the title says it all...it's been awhile since my last blog about the intricacies of life here in the big city. Though only a few months have gone by, it's funny how fate only needs such a short time to unleash it's wrath for all the mistakes that you have made in the past that may merit supernatural retribution, and pull the very floor from your feet, sending you falling flat on your ass into your own private shithole. I'm saying this because, though I have tried hard not to, I have managed to lose most of the things that have kept me afloat all these years: my job being the biggest of them. It's during these times that I have learned not to mess with Murphy's Law, because it's really no joke. Whatever you hold on to that seems foolproof at times CAN, AND WILL, GO WRONG... it's just a matter of when. Sometimes I wonder if there really is a 'get out of hell' card, the one that Sgt. Major Jonas Blane of the series 'The Unit' was offering a TV reporter in exchange for her cooperation during a hostage situation. It was his calling card that the reporter can count on 'when the shit hits the fan' and she needs someone to bail her out of a life and death situation. I may not be in a life threatening state but I could sure use a 'get out of hell' card right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment