Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Meat pie and the Enigma of Nature

I went home early yesterday hoping to get some much needed rest after spending a few sleepless nights working on my new hobby. I'm a die-hard toy collector and my friend Mokie got me hooked on 1:6 scale action figures that you get to dress up as little combat-accurate soldiers ( and soldiering has always been one of my unfulfilled dreams in life). So I walked towards where I usually get my ride home, and I happened to pass by one Goldilocks Bakery so I thought I'd grab me some grub along the way. I bought a meat pie and settled on a table outside of the shop. As I was eating I noticed people passing by and staring at my far-seeing look, noting my calmness as I ate my pie. What they didn't know was that I was really wondering where the hell the world is coming to, because lately mother nature hasn't been behaving as normal as it should.last week Manila was at the receiving end of a
powerful storm that rocked its infrastructure to the core, and though it was over
in a few hours, it made me realize that after the tragedy of storm Ondoy the worst is yet to come. Luckily I was brought up in a religious family, and ever since I was a toddler we where taught that the world will eventually come to an end, and that Christ would finally come back to judge the living and the dead. But before all that stuff comes to pass things will get worse for everyone, and I think that part is starting to happen. So what does one ordinary human being do when the very planet that he's living on decides to erase his very existence? Well, aside from dropping to our knees and praying to God to spare us from harm, I think it's about time we use our heads and learn to adapt to the ever-changing climate to survive. So its always good to prepare yourself from the bad that might happen by creating your very own 'survival kit' (I have one that consists of a lighter, pocket knife, and mini flashlight which I always bring with me). Also, try to stock up on food, water, and whatever it is that you will need in case the proverbial shit hits the fan and all your daily necessities run out, so as not to be caught off guard. With all the post-apocalyptic movies and books that have been coming out lately, I think it's enough warning that sooner or later one of them is gonna end up happening to us(especially a zombie apocalypse, which is really bad). My doomsday thoughts aside, I finished my meal and went on my way, above me the dark skies threatening rain again.

No comments:

Post a Comment