Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Insomnia

What does a man do when it is late and he couldn't sleep? That's a question that I have been asking myself lately. It seems as though the peace that is slumber has disappeared and has left me lying in bed with my brainwaves fluttering like a firefly deep into the night. I guess this is what happens when people get a little older: their minds couldn't stop thinking about what the distant future might be for them. Sometimes I try to tell myself to stop worrying because everything will be alright, but everytime I look out the window all I see is grief and sorrow. I think it's about time a savior comes along to give us a little assurance and tuck us all in every night. And I think He already passed this way once, a very long time ago. We were all just too preoccupied with ourselves back then to ever really notice Him, or confirm that He was who He claimed to be. But we killed Him for being different, and now we realize that His teachings were right, after all. And in this dying world that we live in, He is the only thing that stands between us and the hell that we deserve to be in. If I were you, I'd go look for Him before it's too late. Christ, I'd better go to sleep now. It's 3AM.

(Written a few months ago when I was still taking Sleepasil every night and doing the sandman a big favor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment